Wawasan Open University Students Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wawasan Open University Students Board

WOU Students Discussion Board

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Referencing and Citation Style in WOU

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cpl

cpl

Number of posts : 14
Intake : July 2007
Degree Taken : Bachelor of Business in Banking & Finance (Hons)
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Referencing and Citation Style in WOU Empty
PostSubject: Referencing and Citation Style in WOU   Referencing and Citation Style in WOU EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 5:00 am

In the Forum Learning's Skills for University Studies (WUC 131), a topic on the referencing style was brought up. I posted the following comment:

Quote :

You may want to refer to the section Writing a reference list on page 65 of the book Developing Skills for Distance Learning where it is stated "In courses developed by WOU, two referencing styles are used: Chicago style and our in-house (WOU style). When writing your assignments for a course, you should follow the style that is used in the study units for that course."

My question: What exactly is the WOU style? If there is, then WOU should provide us with a complete guide on this style by which we can follow. As it is, there isn't a specific citation style we are to comply with. If we switch back and forth from the Chicago style to the "WOU style" it can be very confusing.

I would feel that WOU should have a very clear policy on this.
Back to top Go down
ckb1_pg

ckb1_pg

Number of posts : 24
Intake : Jan 2007
Degree Taken : Business in Accounting
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Referencing and Citation Style in WOU   Referencing and Citation Style in WOU EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 11:47 am

cpl wrote:
In the Forum Learning's Skills for University Studies (WUC 131), a topic on the referencing style was brought up. I posted the following comment:

Quote :

You may want to refer to the section Writing a reference list on page 65 of the book Developing Skills for Distance Learning where it is stated "In courses developed by WOU, two referencing styles are used: Chicago style and our in-house (WOU style). When writing your assignments for a course, you should follow the style that is used in the study units for that course."

My question: What exactly is the WOU style? If there is, then WOU should provide us with a complete guide on this style by which we can follow. As it is, there isn't a specific citation style we are to comply with. If we switch back and forth from the Chicago style to the "WOU style" it can be very confusing.

I would feel that WOU should have a very clear policy on this.

From our previous semester, the answer is as below:

WOU uses Chicago style.

Please refer to your course material.

Last edited by on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
cpl

cpl

Number of posts : 14
Intake : July 2007
Degree Taken : Bachelor of Business in Banking & Finance (Hons)
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Referencing and Citation Style in WOU   Referencing and Citation Style in WOU EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 pm

Let's go Chicago then.
Back to top Go down
ckb1_pg

ckb1_pg

Number of posts : 24
Intake : Jan 2007
Degree Taken : Business in Accounting
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Referencing and Citation Style in WOU   Referencing and Citation Style in WOU EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 1:55 pm

From UNIT 5, page 28 of the Learning Skills For University Stuides you can see all of the stated citation methods.

The first line of the part says: You will use the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) for all your written papers at WOU. Hope it helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Referencing and Citation Style in WOU   Referencing and Citation Style in WOU Empty

Back to top Go down

Referencing and Citation Style in WOU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wawasan Open University Students Board :: WOU (Kuala Lumpur) Students Interaction Corner :: Open talk(Kuala Lumpur)-
Jump to: